Friday, November 14, 2008

On the goodfoot..


Today was a pretty good day. It was overcast outside here in Rockville MD.
Overcast makes me sleepy. Anyway I got up this morning, had breakfast hot curled
my hair, then went back to sleep, got up showered then went to look for work.
I went to fill out an application at PF Changs. I got a good vibe when I went in.
I filled out the application then handed that in along with my updated resume,
then I left and went over to Cheesecake factory and they told me that they are not
hiring. I don't care, I didn't wanna work there anyway, THAT PLACE SUCKS!
Anyway my sister told me that she went to apply there and she had to
take an assessment test. What kinda stupid crap is that?? I mean come on,
they ask you questions like: If you find money on the ground what will you do?
Will you A: bring it to the lost and found? B: pocket it? or C: burn the 5 dollar bill?
Ya know what any normal sane person would choose to pocket the money, I mean
damn, even the boss would pocket it. What makes employers think that their employees
(who are there to make money) would return money that is clearly up for grabs??
Anyway, ta heck with CHZCK. There's a place for me. I just have to keep pushin on.
I'm just happy that I did what I set out to do.
I'm at peace with myself if I do what I said I was gonna do and accomplish.
That's one of the wonderful things that My Mother taught me is to FINISH what you do.
No matter if it's just taking out the trash, or doing homework, as long as you FINISH what you start
you've accomplished a GREAT deal! Thanks Mama!! :-)

No comments: