Friday, November 21, 2008

I remember way back way back when....


I guess I'll just start typing. the mind is filled with so many words and pictures and phrases and memories, that sometimes our bodies can't keep up. I think that's the reason why we sleep. Maybe our bodies and brains are racing to catch up with the pace that our mind is working, and by the end of a typical workday our bodies just say "ok mind I'll hit you back tomorrow." Then the mind says it's cool I'll see you in a couple of years!" LOL! The mind is constant, but the body is not, meaning that in some point in time, our bodies will stop working but our minds we believe will go on somewhere, sometime. I woke up this morning with probably a thousand images, or ideas, or worries, or tasks that I had to reach going through my mind and it wasn't even 9:00 yet! I basically went to California and back in about 2 minutes. Made a cup of tea and looked at pictures. Went to my computer to create something then my computer began posting pictures ( the way it does when it's in sleep mode) As I saw the pictures of my Mom, Dad, sisters, family and friends come up on the screen then fade away I was taken through parts of my life, it was like journeying through time. Then I saw my life flash before my eyes. I thought about my childhood and how it all began. I thought about San Francisco, San Bruno, Sunnyvale, DC and I compacted most of the memories I had growing up in those places. I thought about the time when my sisters and I lied about going to Great America and then ended up going anyway. I sat there and laughed and cried at the same time. Laughing because it was so funny that we turned a lie into the truth without even realizing it, and crying because I missed those girls, the girls that had so much spunk and certainty. The girls that had not a care in the world except eating, sleeping, and getting into trouble. The girls that were sisters and best friends. I know that we are still best friends, but I realize that as we grow we change, and that we have to get to know each other again. Well I'm gonna stop now and just say I love rollercoasters!

1 comment:

latin.hiphop said...

Oh sweetie what a beautiful blog. Thank you for sharing it with me. I am looking forward to reading lots more from you. You are such a talented singer and it is no wonder that you are gifted with writing as well!!! I love you bunches :)