Monday, December 15, 2008

I made the Cut!!!


It's been a while since I've been back here. I have so much to tell. I finally went on an audition a few days ago and it felt great to do that once again! It was an audition for an upcoming Harley Davidson Fashion show taking place at the new National Harbor in Washington DC. The auditions took place at the Kirov School of Ballet. Once I got there all the feelings of auditioning came back to me, the nervousness, the voices in your head saying "should I even be here", the competition with your inner self more than with the other competitors. Once I arrived there I simply sat quietly and waited for instructions. I opened my eyes every once in a while to see other dancers arrive, lots of skinny woman, blond women with too much makeup on. I was so glad that I decided to go barefaced. Then finally they called all the dancers into the BIG room where there was a huge dance floor, a huge mirror and a table right at the center. I felt like I was on American Idol. They told us to individually walk across the floor to counts of 8. They wanted to see if all of us could count or have dancing ability. When it came time for me to do the 'cat walk' I was so nervous but I think I did alright. Finally each person had finished and they made the first cut right then and there. I MADE THE CUT!!! Words cannot explain how enlightened I felt when I heard my name being called. I was like YEEEEEEAAHHHHHHH! I mean it was such an accomplishment for me to have gone on an audition for the first time in years and to actually make the first cut. But I have to admit, I was good. So I made the first cut, but I have to see if they call today. If not that's ok too because at least I did what I said I was gonna do which was go on at least 1 audition this year! So now I can check that off of my list!! HA HA! I hope I get it, I hope I get it!

2 comments:

Nita said...

Yay!!
Glad you got over your nervousness and just did it!!

Pop Culture said...

Go!